Senior Associate / Associate Director IC&IFI / Credit, Leveraged Finance & Investments / Fixed Income, VTB Capital
Credit, Leveraged Finance and Investments (CLFI) is a part of VTB Capital’s Global Markets / Fixed Income department and is responsible for large-cap corporate credit business of VTB. CLFI works closely with Sales/Origination and Structuring teams on structured lending transactions. As the primary ‘risk-owner’, it has ultimate P&L responsibility and is involved in every stage of a transaction - origination, structuring, negotiation, execution, distribution and trading.
IC&IFI desk of CLFI covers International lending activities, Structured Equity Financing and FIG/Investment Funds. The product range often includes complex and highly structured transactions involving a diverse set of industries and geographies across capital structure, from senior vanilla financing to mezzanine and hybrid capital (e.g. leverage against public and private equity, commodity-linked financings, structured loans with embedded FX&IR derivatives, sovereign and asset-backed financings). Geographically, the desk focuses on corporate and sovereign opportunities primarily in Asia and CEEMEA.
Senior Associate / Associate Director plays a key analytical, structuring and execution role within the credit origination team, working closely within the immediate transaction execution group and also cooperating with the larger fixed income, structuring and syndication teams.
- Pre-screening of new opportunities
- Completion and delivery of complete credit analysis (including cash flow models, company and industry analyses, preparation of analytical credit memos)
- Leading diligence and modelling efforts with clients as appropriate
- Providing recommendations to deal team on structuring and pricing of deals, financial covenants and other commercial aspects
- Assisting Structuring/Legal in preparation of terms sheets and credit documentation (credit and commercial aspects)
- Preparation of full sets of documents necessary for internal approvals, leading discussions with Risk Management, Treasury, Finance and other support services, driving internal approvals process
- Leading transaction execution and funding with increased levels of responsibility over time
- Preparation of marketing materials and teasers for syndication of credit transactions, liaising with Syndicate and Sales
- Monitoring of risk positions taken on the books
- Monitoring of P&L/portfolio reports, liaising with Finance/Accounting
- Managing / coordinating work of junior team members on all of the above
- Supporting desk’s management in business planning and strategic initiatives.
Senior Associate / Associate Director should be exceptionally motivated, ambitious and intellectually curious; enthusiastic team player with strong analytical skills; results-focused achiever, responsible and able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Degree from one of the leading universities in Russia or abroad, strong academic qualifications
- Relevant transaction experience in Leveraged Finance, Corporate Banking, Credit Analysis or Trading (minimum 5 years with examples of closed financing transactions)
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills focused on financial analysis, accounting and corporate finance
- Solid financial modelling skills
- Knowledge of Russian and international / English law lending concepts, structures and standards (LMA etc)
- Knowledge of Russian corporate banking policies and procedures. Relevant work experience with a Russian bank is a plus
- High level of attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining a high standard of work
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (both Russian and English), strong interpersonal skills
- Commercial acumen
- High degree of intellectual curiosity
Additional/Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- MBA, ACCA or CFA qualifications
- Leveraged finance, credit trading or credit research experience
- Equity/repo/non-recourse, FIG, Commodities, project finance or asset backed financing experience
- Transaction experience in Asia / CEEMEA
- Other languages (e.g. Chinese)
• Official employment
• Competitive salary
• Professional training and development
• Voluntary medical insurance for employee and their family members, life and health insurance, banking products on attractive terms
• Sport and corporate events
• Ability to build your career in the leading Russian investment bank
VTB Group’s Corporate Investment Business is a leader in the international investment banking sector in Russia. VTB Capital has achieved significant results since it was founded in 2008 and has carved out a reputation of a reliable business partner for clients from around the world. VTB Capital operates in Moscow, London, Hong Kong, Singapore and Sofia as well as on the basis of the VTB Group’s international offices in Shanghai, Frankfurt, Vienna and Zug. It is headquartered in Moscow.
Published (Active) Created: 30/04/2021